ARPA-E (the Advance Research Projects Agency-Energy) has launched a new interactive project map that allows users to identify ARPA-E funded projects based on a project location and project type. You can play with the map here.
There are a number of projects in the Bay Area in the following areas, among others:
- GENI = Green Electricity Network Integration
- IMPACCT = Innovative Materials & Processes for Advanced Carbon Capture Technologies
- BEEST = Batteries for Electrical Energy Storage in Transportation
- GRIDS = Grid-Scale Rampable Intermittent Dispatchable Storage
- HEATS = High Energy Advanced Thermal Storage