- Alex Wilson, Founder of EBN – Part 1
- Death Rays
- Local Target Stores & Hazardous Waste
- Cut Energy Use 50% in Commercial Buildings
- Lighting, Light Bulbs, and Lingering Habits
- Tracking Water Resources in Real Time
- Update on AC Transit Cuts
- The Koch Brothers and AB 32
- Hot Water, Lights, and Solar as a Service?
- Peter Gleick on Cash for Water Clunkers
- Luxury or Necessity?
- Water Footprint Calculator
- Dan Kammen, Clean-Energy Czar
- The House of the Future?
- The Next Million Acre Feet of Water
- Peter Darbee, CEO of PG&E – Part 1
- Peter Darbee, CEO of PG&E – Part 2
- Peter Darbee, CEO of PG&E – Part 3
This video highlights the first high-performance building district. The Seattle 2030 District is a district in downtown Seattle that aims to dramatically reduce the environmental impacts of facility construction and operations. It just announced it’s formal launch. Check it out – maybe we can do this in other cities!
If you do not see the video embedded above, click here to watch it on YouTube.
– – –
You can find out more about the Seattle 2030 District here.
THIS POST IS PART OF OUR FRIDAY VIDEO SERIES.
U.S. Representatives Gene Green and Mike Thompson introduced a new bill for e-waste legislation: Responsible Electronics Recycling Act of 2010. The bill is geared toward stopping companies from being able to export electronic waste to developing countries — an action that is causing environmental damage and harm to human health in places like Ghana and China.
Siemens has bought SureGrid, a building management firm from Texas, the latest in a string of acquisitions in efficiency and automation. The deal highlights two major trends in green. First, building efficiency, particularly commercial building efficiency, has emerged as one of the strongest growth markets. The second trend is the creeping conglomeritis of smart grid and green technology in general.
– – –
The Department of Energy (DOE) and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) just released two technical reports on how to achieve 50% energy savings in both new and existing large office buildings and large hospitals.
You can download the full report, “Technical Support Document: Strategies for 50% Energy Savings in Large Office Buildings,” as a pdf here.
You can download the other full report, “Large Hospital 50% Energy Savings: Technical Support Document,” as a pdf here.
– – –